2023 Ducati SuperSport 950
Your way to sport.
The Ducati sports bike made for the road changes its name and becomes Super Sport 950, renewing its aesthetics, electronic equipment and high level of features.
The design of the Super Sport 950 evolves thanks to the new fairings designed by the Ducati Style Centre which give the bike more sportiness, dynamism, fluidity in shapes and a strong and decisive resemblance to the Panigale V4, together with the full-LED headlamp equipped with DRL.
- THE SUPERSPORT TECHNOLOGY: The electronic package of the SuperSport 950 consists of - ABS Cornering Bosch, Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO, Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO, standard on all versions
- ELECTRONIC CONTROLS: The SuperSport 950 is equipped with modern and refined control electronics, based on the Bosch's 6-axis inertial platform capable of instantly detecting roll, yaw, and pitch angles of the bike in space. The operating parameters of each control are associated by default to the three Riding Modes (Sport, Touring, Urban). The rider is given the opportunity to customize their own riding styles and to restore the defaults set by Ducati.
- ABS CORNERING BOSCH: The SuperSport 950 is equipped with a Brembo braking system managed by Bosch 9.1 MP ABS with multiple calibration and integrated pressure sensor. Bosch 9.1 MP ABS stops the wheels from locking and prevents the rear from lifting, ensuring the shortest stopping distance and greater stability. The 3-level adjustment allows you to switch from one level to another by selecting the desired Riding Mode to have the optimal setting in any riding conditions. Level 1 is recommended for high-grip surfaces, in this configuration the Bosch ABS offers track performance, intervenes only on the front with non-active cornering function and does not include the activation of the rear anti-lift function; level 1 by default is not linked to any Riding Mode, if the rider wishes he can associate it to the Riding Mode he prefers by entering the specific menu. With level 2, Bosch ABS is also active on the rear wheel and the anti-lift control is enabled.Level 3 corresponds to the maximum degree of intervention on braking and lifting the rear.
- DUCATI TRACTION CONTROL (DTC) EVO: The DTC EVO that equips the SuperSport 950 interfaces with Bosch's 6-axis inertial platform, measuring the lean angle of the motorcycle at any time and using it to manage with greater accuracy, compared to a traditional traction control, the required intervention to ensure the ideal slip of the rear tyre (based on the level of DTC EVO inserted).
- DUCATI WHEELIE CONTROL (DWC) EVO: The Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO added to the standard equipment of the SuperSport 950 enhances its sporty soul. This control manages the wheelie and allows you to obtain maximum acceleration performance with ease and safety. Thanks to the information provided by Bosch's 6-axis inertial platform, the DWC EVO more accurately detects the presence and extent of wheelies and intervenes to control them with a greater level of precision, so as to satisfy the rider's requests even more precisely.
- DUCATI QUICK SHIFT (DQS) UP/DOWN EVO: The DQS EVO with up / down function, in addition to minimizing shift times, allows you to downshift without using the clutch, ensuring even more effective braking. The system acts separately for upshifting and downshifting: in upshift the system intervenes on ignition and injection advance, in downshift it also manages the controlled opening of the throttle valve, thanks to the integration with the full Ride-by-Wire system. The DQS EVO also exploits information on the lean angle to maximize the stability of the bike during the shifting phase when cornering.
- DUCATI RIDING MODE: The Ducati Riding Modes strategy allows you to choose between different pre-set modes of the engine parameters and electronic controls to adapt the character of the bike to the rider's style and environmental conditions. The SuperSport 950 is equipped with three Riding Modes, called Sport, Touring and Urban. Each of these acts on the electronic Ride-by-Wire system, modifying power and delivery, on the intervention levels of Bosch ABS, DTC, DWC and on the activation of the DQS up / down. The Riding Mode change can be easily carried out while riding by pressing the appropriate button, while the customization of the parameters originally associated by Ducati with each Riding Mode can only take place when the motorcycle is stationary for safety reasons. You can always easily restore the initial settings through the "default" option. Sport The Sport Riding Mode allows the SuperSport 950 to express its full potential on the road. The engine delivers 110 hp with a direct Ride-by-Wire response when the throttle is opened, low intervention by the DTC system, level 3, Bosch ABS at level 2, with medium rear lift control. Touring The Touring Riding Mode guarantees the best balance between performance and comfort. The engine provides full power (110 hp), with a progressive response of the Ride-by-Wire when the throttle is opened, medium intervention of the DTC system (level 4) and the Bosch ABS at level 3 to guarantee maximum control and braking stability. Urban The Urban Riding Mode is designed for low-grip surfaces. Power is limited to 75 hp with a progressive response of the Ride-by-Wire when the throttle is opened, the DTC has an even more consistent intervention (level 6) while the Bosch ABS maintains the setting at level 3.
- FULL-TFT COLOR INSTRUMENTATION: The instrumentation of the SuperSport 950 family includes a 4.3'' full-TFT display. The graphics and interface, inspired by those of the Panigale family, make it easy to navigate the menu, adjust settings and quickly identify the selected Riding Mode. The Riding Mode adjustment interface is fast in response and clearly displays how the settings are being made thanks to an explanatory graphic of the system being worked on and a graduated scale that indicates whether the change is more oriented towards performance or vehicle safety/stability.
- FULL-LED FLOODLIGHT WITH BI-FUNCTION MODULES: The headlight of the SuperSport 950 is a new full-LED unit, the result of a careful design study with the aim of strengthening the aesthetic link with the super-sports Panigale and making the bike immediately recognizable on the roads. The front headlight is characterized by the LED daytime running lights (DRL), which guarantee perfect visibility of the vehicle during the day and, at the same time, thanks to the particular shape, reinforce the family feeling with the Panigale model. The DRL has a refined construction with an opal that diffuses the light evenly. The headlamp is completed by two bi-function LED modules for low beam and high beam that allow the bike to have a symmetrical "look" when the lights are on. The two modules are embedded in a frame with a brilliant finish which gives this technological component the preciousness of a jewel. The taillight, the license plate lights and the front turn signals, integrated in the rear-view mirrors, are LED.
- ALWAYS READY FOR EXCITEMENT: The 2021 937 cc Testastretta 11° engine is full of character from the full-bodied delivery across the entire revs range, with the maximum power and torque values of 110 hp at 9,000 rpm and 68.6 lb-ft (93 Nm) at 6,500 rpm.
- RIDE-BY-WIRE: The engine breathes due to throttle bodies with a diameter of 53 mm controlled by a full Ride-by-Wire system. It has four valves per cylinder, secondary air system, liquid cooling, compression ratio of 12.6:1, bore and stroke measurements of 94 and 67.5 mm, respectively. The exhaust system has 54 mm external diameter ducts that design a 2-1-2 type layout with a lower pre-muffler connected to a lateral silencer with two overlapping outlets of extremely compact dimensions.
- DUCATI QUICK SHIFT (DQS): To increase engine performance, or simply for a sportier look, two Akrapovic® titanium systems are available as accessories: an approved exhaust with carbon fiber heat shield and a racing exhaust that reduces weight by 10.1 lbs (4.6 kg) and increases power at mid-range by + 5%. The gearbox is six-speed with a specific gear sensor, which allows the SuperSport 950 range to be fitted as standard with the advanced Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up / down EVO.
- POWER AND TORQUE CURVES: The twin-cylinder Ducati Testastretta 11° engine develops a full-bodied torque curve over the entire range of use, for an always ready response to any touch of the throttle, a fundamental feature for a motorcycle intended for road use. At 3,500 rpm, 80% of maximum torque is immediately available, and as the rpm increases the torque value grows decisively and linearly, reaching a peak of 68.6 lb-ft (93 Nm) at 6,500 rpm. After this threshold, the torque curve gradually decreases, remaining at a value above 90% up to 9,000 rpm, the speed at which the maximum power of 110 hp is delivered. During road use this translates into a high reserve of power at all speeds, with rapid acceleration out of corners and reduced use of the gearbox. The maximum power of 110 hp is fully usable on the road without great commitment on the part of the rider who will experience the pleasant sensation of always having full control of the bike. The engine management and injection systems have been developed to enhance the characteristics of the twin-cylinder unit, considering the type of use of the SuperSport. The electronic throttle control is precise in transmitting the rider's requests to the engine, followed by a soft and always predictable response, which perfectly characterizes the versatility of the SuperSport.
- COMFORT AND VERSATILITY: To combine comfort and versatility while ensuring sporty riding on the new SuperSport 950, attention has been paid to ergonomics, aerodynamic protection and freedom of movement for the rider. The seat is one piece and 810 mm high allowing the rider to easily place their feet on the ground. The height at which the handlebars are positioned is to assume a sporty riding position without overloading the wrists, while the footrests are positioned to not strain the knees, while ensuring maximum control. This riding position will be appreciated in everyday use and on mid duration trips and is a will deliver fun sporty riding when you want to pick up the pace.
- THE SEAT: The padding of the seat is modified to improve comfort during road use. The improvement in comfort also includes new and more effective heat guards, which shield the exhaust manifolds and air vents for the rider's legs obtained in the fairings. The portion of the seat made for the passenger is well spaced from the footrests and is adequately padded. To increase comfort, a seat with more padding (25+mm) for both rider and passenger can be chosen from the Ducati Performance Accessories range. This seat accessory is suitable for longer journeys and comes with external passenger handles which offer a more ergonomic grip than the under grips equipped under the standard seat.
- TRELLIS FRAME: The new SuperSport 950 is equipped with a trellis frame that uses the engine as a structural element of the chassis. The main steel trellis is connected to the cylinder heads, while the rear seat post subframe, also in steel, is fixed to that of the vertical cylinder. This configuration allows for a very compact, light frame with high torsional rigidity, a perfect feature to enhance the dynamic qualities of the SuperSport 950. The configuration of the frame supporting the engine contributes to having a curb weight of 210 kg, 1 kg. less than the first SuperSport.
- SINGLE SIDED SWINGARM: As a true Ducati sports bike, the SuperSport 950 is equipped with adjustable suspension and single-sided swingarm in gravity cast aluminum, which has characteristics of high rigidity and low weight, giving the bike a technical and professional look. The front is equipped with a 43 mm diameter Marzocchi fork, fully adjustable in hydraulics and preload. The rear has a Sachs shock absorber, fixed to the vertical cylinder on one side and to the single arm on the other, with adjustment of spring preload and hydraulic brake in extension.