2023 HUSQVARNA FE 450 Heritage
All available Husqvarna Promotional Incentives are included in Special Sale Pricing.
Built upon a proven technical platform, the FE 450 bodywork offers rider contact points for greater control, even in the toughest of conditions. Highlighting the latest revisions, striking blue and yellow graphics, along with a white frame, create a distinctive look that underlines the constant evolution of this established enduro machine. Assembled with quality, high-performance components throughout, the FE 450 is capable of competing at the highest level thanks to the premium Dunlop offroad tyres, BRAKTEC brakes and clutch, and enduro-specific WP suspension.
- WP XPLOR FRONT FORK: The WP XPLOR 48 front fork is designed specifically for off-road riding. Its open cartridge layout has a spring in each leg with split damping functions. Compression damping is in the left leg and rebound damping is in the right. Adjustment is via easy-to-access clickers (30 clicks) on the top of each fork leg. The standard preload adjusters allow for easier adjustment without the use of tools. The fork's mid-valve piston delivers consistent damping, while the setting allows the fork to operate higher in the stroke for exceptional rider feedback and bottoming resistance.
- WP XACT REAR SHOCK: The WP XACT shock provides advanced damping characteristics to the range. New valve seals with reduced hardness offer improved shock feedback. The compact and lightweight shock features a pressure balance inside, ensuring consistent damping and superior rider comfort. Using the same linkage progression found in the Husqvarna Motocross range, the rear end sits low for improved control in extreme enduro conditions. The fully adjustable component delivers 300 mm rear wheel travel, as well as unrivalled traction, feeling and energy absorption.
- WHEELS AND TYRES: Black high-strength alloy rims by EXCEL are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted to the wheels are Dunlop offroad tyres which offer superior grip on a wide variety of terrain.
- HYDRAULIC BRAKES: The highest level of quality is guaranteed with the new BRAKTEC braking system, offering the highest level of braking performance while being specifically tailored for enduro riding and delivering a sensitive and modulated feel. GSK wave disks (260 mm disc front and 220 mm rear) complete the high-quality braking package for complete confidence.
- HYDRAULIC CLUTCH: The FE 450 features a bodywork which clearly showcases Husqvarna Motorcycles' progressive approach to offroad motorcycles while the Swedish heritage-inspired blue and yellow graphics create a distinctive look. The ergonomics are specifically tailored to deliver great comfort and control. As a result of extensive testing, the slim contact points make shifting between riding positions easier and allow the rider to flow with movement. The flat seat profile, together with the seat cover texture, deliver superior comfort and control in all conditions.
- BODYWORK: The FE 450 features a bodywork which clearly showcases Husqvarna Motorcycles' progressive approach to offroad motorcycles while rugged grey and electric yellow accents provide a distinctive look and stylishly adorn the Swedish inspired design. The ergonomics are specifically tailored to deliver great comfort and control. As a result of extensive testing, the slim contact points make shifting between riding positions easier and allow the rider to flow with movement. The flat seat profile, together with the seat cover texture, deliver superior comfort and control in all conditions.
POWER ON DEMAND
- ENGINE: Weighing in at only 64.3 lb (29.2 kg), the engine in the FE 450 is not only lightweight, but also features the latest technology available. This results in unequalled performance, ride-ability and reliability in its class. Additionally, the engine is suited specifically for enduro-type riding with an electric start, 6 speed wide ratio gearbox and an array of electronic rider aids as standard.
- CYLINDER HEAD: The SOHC cylinder head is incredibly compact and lightweight using a short profile with the camshaft located as close to the center of gravity as possible, significantly improving handling and agility. The lightweight valves are actuated via a rocker arm and feature timing specifically designed to deliver precise levels of torque and throttle response. 40 mm titanium intake valves, 33 mm steel exhaust valves, low-friction DLC coating on the rocker arm and low-friction chain guides offer the optimum efficiency and reliability.
- CYLINDER AND PISTON: The lightweight aluminium cylinder features a 95 mm bore and a lightweight Konig forged bridge-box-type piston. This is perfectly matched to the high compression combustion chamber, producing very little oscillating mass. The high compression ratio of 12.75:1 reduces vibration and engine knocking, further increasing rider control and comfort.
- CRANKCASE: The crankcases are designed to house the shaft arrangements and internals of the engine in the best possible position, centralizing masses for a lightweight handling feel. High-pressure die cast production processes results in a thin but reliable wall thickness and keeping weight to a minimum.
- MAP SWITCH AND TRACTION CONTROL: Designed for easy operation, the standard map switch selects between 2 EFI maps and activates the traction control feature. The TC (Traction Control) feature improves control on slick terrain. Traction Control can be switched on or off from the map switch. It functions by analysing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the engine RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS registers a loss of grip and reduces the amount of power to the rear wheel, ensuring maximum traction.
- CNC MACHINED TRIPLE CLAMPS: The FE 450 features a 42 mm Hitachi-Astemo (formerly Keihin) throttle body optimised for throttle response. The injector is positioned to ensure the most efficient flow into the combustion chamber while the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage. This provides an immediate throttle response and improved feel.
- ELECTRIC START AND WIRING HARNESS: The FE 450 comes standard with an electric starter. The system uses a compact and lightweight Li-Ion battery which is 2.2 lb (1 kg) lighter than a conventional battery. With several years of experience of developing and perfecting electric starting, the proven reliability on the Husqvarna enduro range is second to none, ensuring a quick and seamless start in any condition. Additionally, the wiring harness concentrates all needed electrical components into a common area below the seat for easy accessibility.
- HANDLEBAR: A standard electric starter guarantees easy starting in all situations. The system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 2.2 lbs lighter than conventional lead battery.
- CNC MACHINED TRIPLE CLAMP: The 22 mm offset black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps offer premium quality and style standard on all Husqvarna enduro models. The triple clamps are expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide high levels of quality and reliability. A 2-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- AIRBOX: The airbox features precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow and filter protection. The air filter can be easily accessed without the use of tools, by removing the left side panel. The Twin Air filter and filter cage design features a simple fail proof mounting system, guaranteeing easy maintenance.
- FRAME: The chromium molybdenum steel frame is expertly crafted using laser-cut, robot-welded, hydro-formed tubes, ensuring the highest level of precision and quality. The specifically crafted geometry utilises advanced longitudinal and torsional flex characteristics, for unparalleled rider feedback, energy absorption and exceptional straight-line stability. The cylinder head mountings are made of forged aluminium, improving handling and comfort. The premium white powder coated frame features standard frame protectors, providing extra durability.
- COMPOSITE CARBON FIBRE SUBFRAME: The carbon composite subframe is unique to Husqvarna Motorcycles and showcases advanced production technology and innovation. Using 70% polyamide and 30% carbon fibre, the 2-piece subframe has a total weight of just over 2.2 lb (1 kg). With the help of computational dynamics, specific rigidity was engineered into the light and robust subframe, delivering outstanding handling and rider comfort.
- EXHAUST: The exhaust system is expertly designed to deliver class-leading performance at the lowest possible weight. The header pipe is designed and manufactured in two pieces, to be as compact as possible. The joining position allows it to be removed without having to take out the rear shock. Further innovation allows for a short, compact silencer without increasing noise levels. The component is crafted from lightweight aluminium and is stylishly finished off in a black coating that highlights its premium quality.
- INTEGRATED COOLING AND RADIATORS: The radiators are expertly crafted using high-strength aluminium with CFD (computational fluid dynamics) to channel air through the radiators more efficiently. The cooling system is intelligently integrated into the frame, eliminating the need for additional hoses. The large centre tube running through the frame reduces pressure at this point, allowing for a consistent coolant flow. Additionally, the radiators are mounted close to the centre of gravity for improved handling agility. A radiator fan is fitted as standard to keep engine temperatures low in all conditions.