2023 Ducati Panigale V4 SP2
- The Ultimate Racetrack Machine
- The Panigale V4 SP2 is the top-of-the-range model for Ducati super sports bikes: a special, exciting numbered-version for track riding, even more intuitive and less strenuous for non-professional riders.
- The Panigale V4 SP2 is characterized by the special "Winter Test" livery, in which the matt black of the fairings is combined with the matt carbon finish of the rims and wings, contrasting with the bright red accents and the brilliance of the exposed brushed aluminium tank. The wings with double profile design are embellished with the Italian flag which also appears on the official Panigale V4 R SBK. The lower part of the fairing is distinguished by the presence of the Ducati Corse logo in the area of the new hot air extractors and by a red detail bearing the name of the bike, also present on the black saddle in double material.
- The heart of the Panigale V4 SP2 is the 1,103 cc Desmosedici Stradale of MotoGP origin: a V4 with counter-rotating crankshaft equipped with a lot of torque from low revs and capable of expressing the racing soul of the bike on the track.
- The chassis of the Panigale V4 SP2 includes an aluminium front frame that uses the Desmosedici Stradale as a stressed element. The aluminium swingarm and the seat post in shell-cast aluminium are directly connected to the engine. The pivot of the swingarm is positioned in such a way as to increase the anti-squat effect, which is the reduction of the sinking of the rear when exiting corners and when reopening the throttle, thus stabilizing the bike in acceleration. The suspension system features an electronically controlled 125 mm travel Ohlins NPX25 / 30 pressurized fork at the front that uses a pressurized cartridge damping system derived from that of racing forks.
- To further enhance the performance on the track and the dynamic qualities of the Panigale V4, the "SP2" version is equipped with high-quality 5-split spoke carbon wheels, 1.4 kg lighter than the aluminium forged ones of the Panigale V4 S.
- The carbon rims* guarantee a significant reduction in inertia (-26% at the front, -46% at the rear) to the benefit of agility, lightness in direction changes and greater ease in closing the curves. The Panigale V4 SP2 is also equipped with exclusive Brembo Stylema R® front brake calipers, which guarantee high braking power.