2023 Ducati Multistrada V2 S
Your everyday wonder
The ideal bike to fully enjoy every route, versatile in everyday use and in the city, always with the sportiness and unmistakable style that characterize every Ducati.
The Ducati Multistrada family continues its evolution with the presentation of the new Multistrada V2: the ideal bike to fully enjoy every route, versatile in everyday use and in the city, always with the sportiness and unmistakable style that characterize every Ducati.
The new twin-cylinder of the family of Ducati dual bikes is a 360° bike, increasingly intuitive, comfortable, fun and accessible. Multistrada V2 is a technologically advanced motorcycle, with a sophisticated cycling and an extremely complete electronic package, without forgetting the engine, the latest evolution of the 937 cc Testastretta 11° unit, and represents the perfect gateway to the Ducati tourer universe.
During the development phases of this bike the main points of focus were ergonomics, weight reduction, engine updates and a series of upgrades that follow the philosophy of "continuous improvement".
- ERGONOMICS: The height has been reduced to 32.7 in, with a redesigned shape of the saddle which is now narrower and more compact between the rider's legs to allow you to easily touch the ground with your feet thanks to an inseam arch of only 70.5 in. These changes provide safety when the bike is stationary and improve confidence when manoeuvring at low speed even with a passenger and full cases. Furthermore, in the Ducati Performance catalogue a low seat and a lowered suspension kit are available which, combined, allow you to reach a height of 31 in. In addition, the distance from the seat to the rider's footrest has been increased to 19.3 in, in order to provide more room for taller riders, who can now ride more comfortably for many hours.
- WEIGHT REDUCTION: The weight reduction work conducted on the bike has made it possible to obtain a final dry weight of 438 lb (445 lb for the S version), 11 lb less than the Multistrada 950. The engine has lost about 4.4 lb. Among the vehicle components, the new rims stand out (-3.7 lb), together with the Multistrada V4 mirrors (-1.4 lb) and the front brake disc flanges, now in aluminum (-1.1 lb). In addition, with regard to the wheel rims, new spoked rims are also available as an accessory, also significantly lighter (available starting from the beginning of 2022). The reduction in weight of the wheel rims guarantees a marked improvement in vehicle dynamics.
- FRAME: The scheme adopted for the chassis of the Multistrada V2 includes a front trellis frame together with two cast side frames, closed off by a rear load-bearing element made of techno-polymer loaded with glass fibre for maximum torsional rigidity, with the addition of the double-sided swingarm made in shell cast aluminum.
- SUSPENSIONS AND BRAKES: The Multistrada V2 is equipped with a 1.9 in diameter upside-down front fork with 6.7 in travel, dedicated cast end caps, adjustable in spring preload and hydraulic brake in rebound and compression. The spring is progressive, with a consequent increase in riding comfort even with the vehicle fully loaded. The rear wheel travel is 6.7 in. In the S version, Multistrada V2 e dotata di serie anche del Ducati Skyhook Suspension EVO semi-active suspension system, which is based on a 48 mm SACHS fork and a SACHS rear shock absorber, both electronic, with the possibility of adjusting the hydraulic brake in compression and extension in a continuous manner according to a semi-active control approach capable of guaranteeing the ideal set-up of the vehicle, improving safety and comfort. The entire Multistrada V2 family is equipped with Brembo brakes with ABS Cornering function. The front system features Brembo M4-32 monobloc radial calipers with four 32 mm diameter pistons and two pads, radial pump with adjustable levers and double 12.6 in front disc with aluminum flanges. At the rear we can find a single 10.4 in diameter disc on which a floating caliper, also Brembo, works.
- TESTASTRETTA 11°: The engine of the Multistrada V2 is the last evolution of the twin-cylinder Ducati Testastretta 11° da 937 cc with desmodromic distribution. This engine, four valves per cylinder, water-cooled, delivers 113 horsepower, features an excellent level of reliability and the ability to combine performance and adrenaline with a regular and always manageable power delivery, putting a sports bike that is never aggressive in the hands of the rider.
- CLUTCH AND GEARBOX: New 8-disc hydraulic clutch and an updated gearbox, which guarantees greater fluidity and precision in shifting, also facilitating the engagement of neutral. An even more appreciable progress in use in conjunction with the quick shifter, now with a further optimized operating strategy.
- WEIGHT REDUCTION: The interventions on the gearbox and clutch, together with the introduction of new connecting rods and new covers, have also brought about a reduction in the total weight of the engine of about 4.4 lb.